From:
Michael Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 16:17:14 -0400

Those of you that live in the Washington, D.C. area might wish to check out
the Firehook Bakery on Lee Street in Old Town, Alexandria.  I found an
almond flour cake there that (I was told) contains no wheat flour, only
almond flour, cream, chocolate, and rasberries.  It's new, not yet even on
the menu.

There are probably some further questions to ask before concluding that it's
absolutely GF, given the amount of flour flying around a bakery, but (in my
haste) I did determine that they don't dust the cake pans.  I intend to
research the subject further.

By the way, the cake is delicious.  I noticed no reactions after eating it
except those attributable to gluttony.

-- Mike

Michael E. Coe
Arlington, Virginia, USA