From:
Ed & Leanne Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:56:58 -0500

Dear List members,

        In my original post I did not specify that my concern was about cross
contamination, but everyone figured that out anyway.  Thank you for all of
the responses.  I was concerned about trying a new brand because we had been
using Bob's Red Mill flours for awhile and then found out about the cross
contamination.  Based on the consistency of the responses, I decided to go
ahead and summarize.

        As it turns out, many people have heard of and use Mochiko brand with
no problems.  No one who responded had ever called the company to find out,
but no one has had any problems with it.

        There was even one response saying they buy their rice, tapioca and
sweet rice flours in asian markets instead of health food stores because they
are so much cheaper.

        The consensus seems to be that there should be no problem with this
flour, but all admit the evidence is anecdotal.

        Thanks to everyone who replied.  It's put my mind at ease about using
it in our daughter's diet.

Have a great day,
Leanne
Woodbridge, VA