From:
dave fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:24:33 +0000

Hello List Members,
In reference to the biscuit/baking mix from Bob's Red Mill, I decided to
take the package of mix back to the health food store in exchange for
Pamela's Wheat Free and Gluten Free Brownie mix. Brownies are better
than biscuits anyway.
Most of those answering me, mentioned that Bob's Red Mill states that
they are not in a GF environment. They use the same mill rooms for all
their flours. They use the same mill to grind wheat and rice flours.
Bev mentions that she called in September and the company stated that
all their products are not GF. She was told not to use their products.
Two people said they used their products with no ill effects. As some
patients are more sensitive than others, I opt not to use their flours.
One gentleman said, "DO NOT EAT BOB'S RED MILL". I think he meant it.
However, I do compliment Bob's Red Mill for being honest when talking to
those with DH or celiac disease.
Also, thanks to those who recommended other totally "GF" companies.
Cindy in NJ