From:
Chris Silker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:12:33 -0600

Hi all. I'd like to hear from others with similar experiences about what
seems to me, based on what I've read on this list and elsewhere, to be an
atypical response to going gf after being biopsy-diagnosed with CD and DH.

I think that I probably developed CD about 4 1/2 - 5 years ago when I
started grad school. At the same time I developed severe migraines and
started to gain weight. Since going gf last August and without otherwise
dieting, I have lost the 40 pounds that I gained since starting grad school
and am back at what had previously been my body's setpoint. (As an
additional bonus, I almost never get migraines anymore.) I had a follow-up
biopsy in December and my villi were nicely healed.

Is this a "normal" response to the gf diet?! It doesn't seem to be, based
on what I've read here. Input much appreciated! Thanks.

Chris
Plymouth MN USA