Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 09:10:05 -0800

Hi Friends,
        I never actually received any recipes, but I did get these responses:

First, the general consensus was to try reducing the amounts of spices (3
people).  I had tried this in the past and still did not get a flavor I
liked.  Perhaps I need to reduce more.  Although there still seemed to be a
little something missing, maybe adding/trying some of the following would
help.

>Use rice flour by Energy , this converts reg. recipies beautifully (one
>person)

>Have you tried Bette Hageman's Jam Cake?  It is a very moist, mildly flavored
>spice cake that gets rave reviews from wheat-eaters and non-wheat eaters alike.
>I prefer it with a whipped creme topping, but the cream cheese frosting is
>good also.  [this is from her first book]  (2 persons)

>I'd try Bette Hagmans recipes with just half the ammount of spices. You
>might want to add cardamom, which is a standard for this sort of cake. Ginger
>also is a mighty spice, so try to add just a quarter of the recipes ammount,
>same holds true for cloves...
>
>I imagine BH's Scandinavian Spice Cake should work, but you might want to
>try without the topping. Try it as plain as possible to find out about the
>taste of the cake, you can always add toppings for your soul afterwards...
>(1 person)

Thanks to all for your help and sugestions,
Lynda

\*/\*[log in to unmask] \*/\*/\*/ Southern California \*/\*/ _@v