From:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:19:41 -0400

Dear Listmates:

Here are the results of my problem with the So Good Soy Drink:

1. I have been told by the distributor, here in Vancouver, that the
maltodextrin in the product contains wheat starch from which the protein
has been removed;
2. I gleaned from the information contained in another e-mail on this list,
the fact that the European definition of Gluten Free allows wheat starch if
the protein has been chemically removed;
3. I discovered that the product's dry ingredients & the product info that
says it is gf is shipped here from Australia, & the local distributor adds
the liquid & fills the cartons
4. So, I decided that since I was definitely reacting, it was necessary to
find another soy drink that was low fat & gf (not an easy task!) & I'm
mixing it with 1% buttermilk, no fat yogourt & some fruit to get my daily
soy/calcium hit in the form of a shaky.

Helen, Vancouver, BC, Canada