From:
Lynn Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 22:30:28 EST

      Folks- I want to let you know what positive things can come about
when friends are aware of celiac disease. A friend of mine who teaches
high school students invited me to be a guest speaker, teaching about
celiac to a combined area Anatomy and Physiology class that meets at a
local hospital. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. I baked
gluten-free cookies to share and they were a hit. I also showed most of
the Canandian Celiac Association VCR tape " A Diet For Life", plus a
brief one of an interview I had done on a local tv news program, along
with discussions and question/answer period. None of the students had
heard of celiac until the night before when their assignment had been to
look it up. I also passed out brochures from the national CSA office in
Omaha. Not one student fell asleep during this presentation and everyone
seemed interested. I told them how much I enjoy sharing information that
I know about celiac, especially since they are our future! I hope some of
you get similar opportunities and take advantage of them!

Lynn in Omaha, NE USA