From:
Silva Hornborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:16:48 +0100

Jane Roedel wrote: In Europe celiacs are "allowed foods with up to 3%
gluten content".

I am glad to tell you that that must have been a misprint.  In Sweden (and
I would think all of Europe) GF means less than 0.3 grams of proteine per
100 grams of raw product which would be same as less than 0.3 %.

We also have a law stating that all ingredients in a product must be
written on it. That makes shopping easier.

Sweden and Finland are topping, I think, the list of 'how many celiac
inhabitants', and we also are well equiped regarding research,
information and regulations regarding what can be called gluten free, free
of gluten, naturally glutenfree and so on.

We have a nationwide Celiac organisation as well as local ones, which is a
great way to get information, support  and recepies.

Great hazelnut cockies:

200 g ground hazelnuts
200 g sugar
2 eggs

Procedure:
Mix it all together and drop spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake for
10 minutes(or so)  in pre-heated oven at 220 degrees C (425 F).
Or make 2 'loaves' that you cut in smaller pieces after baking.

Silva in Sweden