From:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:51:33 -0600

I'd like to hear experience and advice from those of you who have been
involved in setting up gluten-free support groups. How'd you go about it?
What was the hardest part? The easiest? What kind of professional/technical
support (doctors, dietitians, pharmacists, chefs, food/drug manufacturers)
do you have? How often and where do you meet? What sort of structure
(officers, board, etc.) do you have? How do you raise funds? What do you do
together besides eat and share recipes (though that's extremely important
in the celiac world)? What has worked well? What hasn't? Do g-f
manufacturers send samples to far-flung groups? Do you publish a
newsletter? Do you have dues?

It's time to get an organization started here in the south-central New
Mexico/extreme West Texas area, and we'd like to hear how other groups got
started. I think the closest group is over 200 miles away in Albuquerque--a
3.5-hour drive one way!

Thanks for your advice and input.

Sue de LC

Susan Pieper/Las Cruces, [log in to unmask]
THE LAW OF REQUISITE VARIETY: The person who has one more alternative than
the number of obstacles s/he faces eventually will triumph. (Anon.)