From:
"Robert A. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:00:49 -0400

Mireille Cyr wrote:

> you could think in terms of 'stamp' that you put behind your ear. Just an
> idea...Take care.

The "stamp" is scopalamine, I believe, the same drug that is used to
dialate your eyes for an eye examination.  It was available in the U.S.
(and worked well) and then was taken off the market.  The problem was
with the action of the stamp in delivering the proper dose of the drug
rather than the scopalamine itself.  I read in Prevention magazine that
you could have a compounding pharmacist mix scopalamine with some sort
of gel to apply behind your ear--then cover the gel mixture with a
bandage so it would not get rubbed off.  (Probably need a prescription
but I don't know.)

Please verify this for yourself.  I am not a doctor, just a sea
sick-prone consumer who enjoyed the use of a stamp for a problem-free
three-day sailing lesson.

Sue Brown