From:
Leslie Granson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:57:31 -0500

Dear List Members:

First, a tremendous THANK YOU to everyone who took the time and energy to
respond to my plea for help for my 22 y.o. daughter; she has had declining
health even on a strict GF diet and also avoiding eggs and all dairy products
which she is intolerant of. She has had chronic headaches and severe fatigue.

I received over 50 responses of all sorts of varying (and conflicting!)
advice; my husband and I have been very touched and amazed by the generosity
and thoughtfulness of the wonderful people on this list; our heartfelt thanks
also to the list owners who put all this together and contribute to saving
our lives (and sanity). I am going to try to answer all the replies
personally; for now I just want to give a brief up-date and will follow with
a summary later.  I did give some feed-back for the list several days ago and
I just realized that it must not have gone through; I apologize for this
delay because so many of you ask to know how my daughter was doing and seemed
genuinely concerned.

To summarize:

*About 25  replies thought that I should take my daughter ASAP to a good
internist for a complete work-up and that her problems could be something
other than the celiac; I had already thought of doing this but your answers
encouraged me to make an appointment with the best local diagnostician that I
know of; this doctor is an internist who has been in practice at least 30
years; his specialty is endocrinolgy. I decided to start with him because he
is my parents' doctor and they rave about him; he has saved my father not
once but twice from cancer through early detection; he has also spared my
mother and several of their friends fro