From:
"Melissa C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:18:07 +0000

Hi people!

I just baked the white cake from the list of recipes I was sent.  It is the
best cake!!  I don't eat cake without frosting, but this was delicious.
And Mary absolutely loves it.  Moist, tasty, I've had "wheat" cakes from
mixes that didn't turn out this good.  It did fall a bit while cooling, but
was still a nice shape.

The recipe is reposted below, just in case.

Many thanks to Lynn Facey for the recipe!
Melissa and Mary Elizabeth (who has cake on her face!)

White Cake Recipe

2 cups GF flour mix(Bette Hagman's)
2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk (lactose free if necessary-I used Vitamite)
1tsp vanilla
3 eggs

Heat oven to 350.  Grease and flour baking pan, 13 X 9 X 2"
or 2 round layer pans or for cupcakes (muffin tins) - use paper
liners.

Measure all ingredients into a large bowl.  Blend 1/2 minute on
low speed, scraping bowl constantly.  Beat 3 minutes on high
speed, scraping bowl occasionally.  Pour into pans.  Bake 40-45
minutes for oblong, 30-35 for round, and 15-20 for cupcakes or until
wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.  Cool.