PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
michael kasdaglis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 10:58:38 -0500
Dear List;

I have a personal request.... If members of the list feel my request is
not appropriate, I would welcome comments in this regard.

I would like to see a discussion on the following aspects of Mental
Health Diagnostics:

1.      A Definition
2.      Its need and importance within Mental Health as a practice vs Mental
Health as the object of study.
3.      The absolute and necessary elements within a diagnostic impression
4.      Should they include Labs, such as DST, MHPG, Fraction-8
Chatecholomines, Serotonin AM/PM, T3-T4, etc.
5.      Should the diagnosis include a present family systems assessment...
and if yes, what variables ought to be included -excluding historical
material.
6.      Should there be a specialty (within Mental Health) comprised of
professionals with interdisciplinary training.
7.      To what extent should psychometrics be included, and what specific
instruments are a MUST
8.      Should there be an Ego_Functions section within every Diagnostic
Summary.

The request is personal in that, I -we- are about to refine our
position, definition, and mission for The American Board of Diagnostics.
Your help, and/or references, will be greately appreciated.
Also, if you wish for your name not to be quoted, please do state so.

Michael Kasdaglis