From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 07:15:00 -0600

Last night I made my first batch of GF donuts.  I could live without them
but my 5 yr old craves donuts like his brother and sister can have from Tim
Hortons so I ventured out to buy a donut maker.  It was only $4.00 CDN at
Wal-mart and is like a cookie press.  It's a plastic container that you
depress the plunger and out drops a circle of dough into the oil.

I used the recipe on pg. 89 of Bette Hagmans cookbook (1 or 2) I have both
so I can't remember which one.

My 5 yr old thought this was great to have his own donuts and I had to
coerce him into letting the other kids try 1 each.

Only thing I had problems with was the amount to press into the oil.  We got
some itsy bitsy ones and some very large ones - usually without a hole cause
it puffed up and closed.  But they all tasted great.

The recipe says you can bake them too and they would be slightly flat on the
one side.  I'm not sure how this would work as the dough seemed a little thin.

Anyone try the baking method?

Karen Bulmer, Systems Analyst
Capital Health
Edmonton, Alberta