Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:40:44 +0930

Hi everyone from Adelaide Australia.

Has anyone considered natural remedies for coughs, decongestants and
diarrhea. My recent investigations on Natural Licorice, being a traditional
herbal remedy where modern research has shown it has an
anti-inflamatory,soothing and healing effect on the upper resperatory
ailments, can be effective in the treatment of a wide range of bronchial
problems such as coughs, catarrh and bronchitis in general.
It acts upon mucous surfaces, lessening irritation and is also useful for
irritation of the urinary organs and pain of the intestines in diarrhea. As
a lozenge, held in the mouth until dissolved, it is said to be very
efficient remedy in coughs and pectoral affections. However it does raise
blood pressure and should be avoided if the patient has hypertension, kidney
disease or during pregnancy.

I thought this information may be useful, as quite often the old style
remedies are often overlooked or underpromoted by the large pharmaceutical
companies.

Please let me know if it has been useful.
Kind regards
Kym Fettke