From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:04:40 -0600

It's been a long time coming, but here are the replies I got concerning
foods to feed a toddler.  I can't eat Corn Pops myself, so use these
suggestions with your own discretion.

fruit
Authentic Foods pancake mix
Arrowhead Mills puffed corn or rice
Bette Hagman's vanilla wafer for teething
fruit from a jar on the spoon
instant polenta (cooked cornmeal, applesauce on side)
Corn Pops
Egg whites (2-3 x week
gingerbread cookie sheet - put bread on and they like it dipped in
   pancake syrup (cookie sheet from The Christmas Tree Shop)
Puffed brown rice
french toast fingers (bread w/cinnamon-sugar mix on it lightly)
lactose free milk
puffed corn cereal (doesn't dissolve like Cheerios)
bread/toast w/jelly
Quaker Cocoa Blasts
Malt O Meal Corn bursts
cream of rice (also made w/tad of vanilla and applesauce)
cookies made of rice flour & carob chips
almond bread
banana pancakes (1 banana, 1 egg - beat & fry) or with other fruit
gf corn puffs, rice puffs and corn flakes (soften w/hot water or milk)
Sun Flakes
Raisin bread, banana bread (try many different recipes until you find a
   favorite - I rotate 12-15 recipes).  Favorite is from Red Star yeast
   1-800-445-4756 or 1-800-423-5422  They have a recipe brochure -- for
   best results use combination of flours
Make up batches of gf drop scones, pancakes, blueberry or plain; muffins
   w/fruit or plain, etc. and freeze a couple in a plastic bag.  I
   microwave 30-60 seconds each morning.  My son loves them.
peanut butter toast
El Peto mix for pancakes
corn grits
puffed millet
yogurt or yogurt with brown rice crisps softened
Miss Roben's cinnamon raisin bread & muffins
Van's Rice flour pancakes & waffles
Bread Shops Crispy Rice and Corn flake mix (daughter eats as a snack
   like Cheerios)
microwaved corn tortillas

Snacks:

rice cakes
chips (corn or potato)
cheese puffs
GF cookies (mail order mixes)
American cheese slices
yogurt
ice cream (Breyers strawberry)
jello w/fruit
canned fruit w/cool whip
fresh fruit
fruit whip (blend banana, frozen strawberries & o.j. --delicious)
fruity bread (Food for Life loaves can be found in health food stores
   w/cream cheese (sweetened w/sugar & cinnamon)
pudding (snack paks or I make my own from recipe on cornstarch box --
   turns out good!

Sour Cream Belgian Waffles:

   I pulled this recipe off the internet, but use it for pancakes.
   They're not too bad . . . my son eats them, that's all that matters.

1/4 c. melted butter
1 c. milk
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1 T. baking powder

Mix first 6 ingredients w/fork.  Add dry ingredients gradually.  Use 3/4
C. for a 7" waffle.

"These turn out very light.  We're all hooked."  Quoted from original
sender.

That's it.  Hope these ideas help.  Thanks to all who contributed.

Lisa (Waukee, Iowa)