Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:47:04 -0400

ABIGAIL NEUMAN wrote:
> I also am terribly upset about....companies making medicines like Tagament
> and Pecid AC, and Simethicone heartburn products which all contain gluten.
> If a person is Celiac the gluten would continue to kill off the good
> enzymes in the disgestive system.  Such products caused my stomach to burn
> even more after ingesting them...

One reason heartburn and antacid products make one feel worse is because
the heartburn and indigestion are caused by a *lack* of stomach acid and
enzymes to digest the food to start with.  So instead of killing what
little acid (if any) we have left, we should be taking pancreatic
enzymes and hydrochloric acid.  I used to be one of those "pill-poppers"
for stomach upset.  It's a vicious cycle.  So glad I learned this
information a long time ago.

Susan