From:
Lesley Hurter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:33:05 -0500

Hi all,

There has been some talk about the importance of being appropiately tested
for cs. I was very ill when it was discovered that I couldn't tolorate
gluten 13 years ago. I did not have a biopsy however, nor were blood tests
done. However, I get deathly ill if I get even trace amounts of gluten and
wouldn't even consider ingesting it for weeks to be tested. It wouldn't
change the treatment. My question is why is this so important? If you
can't tolorate gluten and the only cure is to not eat any.....what would a
positive biopsy do for me? I would be truly concerned that two or more
weeks of gluten would be physically devistating.
TIA
Lesley