From:
"Marne L. Platt, VMD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:23:57 -0400

HEy all local to NYC'ers - I had a great meal last night at, "Josie's
Restaurant and Juice BAr" 74th and Amsterdam. The wait staff was INCREDIBLY
well versed in their ingredients, the restaurant uses wheat free tamari,
and for the first time since diagnosis I was able to order straight off the
menu-grilled St Peter's fish with pineapple-tomato salsa, tamari brown
rice, and for dessert, chocolate-peanutbutter soy icecream with caramel
sauce!!!!! BEST meal eaten out in a LONG time. I am getting tired of plain
grilled fish that they don't even put lemon on (much like stringy
cardboard, even in better restaurants) and of feeling like my needs were
too much of a hassle for the chef. This was a great experience (and great
sangria, too) and my waiter, Mike, was superb. Plus, prices were
reasonable-we had 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and a litr of sangria,
plus a very generous tip, and it cost about $80. And no rush-we were there
for about 3 hours. Casual restaurant, but not casual enough for kids. I
would encourage anyone in the area to check it out. I think they are only
open for dinner. I'll be going back soon!

The impossible is merely that which has not yet been accomplished!