From:
Laurie Heikkenen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 20:30:38 -0700

After reading the expert posting archives, I have questions about selective
IgA deficiency.  Has anyone on this list had experience with this?  My
serum antibody tests were very low although I sure have enough celiac
symptoms and a historically good response to a g-f diet (yes, one set of
the tests was done after a lengthy gluten challenge).  I'm trying to get my
knowlege base in order before I try one last time to get a clear diagnosis
with the serum antibody tests and a biopsy.  I have an extensive history of
recurrent urinary tract infections, going back to early childhood
(currently I'm 39) and what little information I can find indicates there
may be a connection between those and IgA deficiency?

I'm starting to feel a little foolish after years of insisting on knowing
why my gut doesn't work, so  kind words on turning every stone would be
great too.

Thanks in advance, Laurie