From:
Lady Ariel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 11:16:58 -0500

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Tom Bialke wrote:

[snip]
> I have not been diagnosed by a physician as having CD.  I
> decided that since there does not seem to be any medical treatment
> for CD, the only "cure" is to avoid gluten, I might as well conduct a
> little experiment on myself. I decided to go on a GF diet. Since I
> have been on the diet, about 12 days, I have noticed some subtle and
> not no so subtle changes in my digestive system and "feelings."  I
> used to have much gas and blotting. After only a few days, even my
> dog likes to be around me.  I seem to have more energy. I do not get
> tired in the afternoons, and take less naps.  My  thinking seems
> clearer. And I have lost three pounds.

I feel almost the same.  I didn't have any problems with gas before I
started the GF diet, but was pretty bloated and icky feeling.  Could it
be possible some of this is also due to better blood sugar regulation?
I know that wheat flour is the hardest on ones blood sugar.

> In about a week or so, I am going to do the gluten challenge.  Pass
> out the nose plugs, stock up on TP, laxatives  and  eat a couple of
> warm, crusty bagels from a shop where I did not even have to order,
> the clerks knew what I wanted.  If I react, I will presume that I
> have CD and will conduct my dietary habits accordingly.

Yeah, I think I did a gluten challenge last night. I ate pizza.  You
know, it didn't even taste all that wonderful.  Kind of strange.  And of
course today I'm bloated and whatnot.  I'm convinced that I can't tolerate
wheat and/or gluten any longer.  No more pizza...no more picking crutons
off my salad.

I love this list.