Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 00:29:16 -0500

Back in the early 60's I was diagnosed at 6 months old with CD by whatever
means existed in those days (it certainly wasn't biopsy or blood tests)
and I'm told I was found positive for undigested fats, sugars and starches.
After four years of eating nothing but high protein formula, an occasional
steak and tons and tons of mashed bananas with salt,I finally was "cured"
or so I thought until I found the celiac newsgroup.

Celiac runs rampant in my family and about half of us have had it as
children.  My grandmother was actually told in the late 1920's to boil four
kinds of grain for three hours to give it to my CD affected mother.  Amazing
any of us survived.  Unfortunately, none of my family members were ever told
that celiac did not go away, and I wonder just how many other undiagnosed
members of my family there may really be.

My question is do I get blood tested?  Do I get biopsied?  Or do I just go on
a GF diet since technically I already was diagonosed.  I've been pretty much
asymtomatic for the last 30 years, but wonder about the benefits of a GF
diet.

I'd love to hear what you good people think.

Sharon