From:
"Victor J. Samuel Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 23:37:37 -0500

        I have just returned from the CSA conference in Dallas and am very
excited and enthusiastic about the future of celiacs.I heartily commend the
Dallas chapter of CSA for their wonderful support and immense help to all of
us there. It is always wonderful to meet so many celiacs from all over with
different backgrounds, personalities, and talents sharing coping skills. It
makes me think in a very positive way, that perhaps there is a reason why I
have the misfortune of having celiac and diabetes.
        I am hopeful that we may all come together in some way, such as the
coalition had in mind; where all celiac groups can collectively cooperate and
put aside political differences; where we can unite in a common cause to
promote good that will benefit all celiacs-- be it in an effort to further
celiac-friendly FDA labels, research, education-- whatever! I strongly feel
that numbers of cooperative people with a common goal can bring about positive
change.
        I wish Janet Rinehart and all newly elected folks much success for the
next two years and I look forward to continued positive changes to help
celiacs better cope with their particular needs.
        I fervently hope that this is the year the Celiac Listserve gets the
recognition it so deserves. I propose a big pat on the back to all three list
serve owners, volunteers who help them, and participants. I think I speak for
all of us when I say how much we appreciate your time and effort-- another
example of celiacs helping celiacs!