Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 21:45:29 -0700
From:

Hi Everyone,
Bread crumbs have hit the list.

>From Bette Hagman's book, "The Gluten-free Gourmet Cooks Fast and
Healthy" p. 107.

I use "Food for Life" Almond or Pecan bread. Save the ends from your
loaves of bread in the freezer and when you get an ample amount, do the
following: Crumble the slices (after defrosting them) onto a baking sheet
with raised sides. Place in a preheated 225 degree oven and bake for 1 to
2 hours, stirring every half hour. When slightly browned and almost dry,
turn off heat and let finish drying in the oven. This will take several
hours or overnight. (not suggested my Mrs. Hagman but I put my crumbs in
a food processor to make the crumbs a finer consistency) For perfect
freshness, I then place them in freezer bags and store in freezer. They
may be poured directly from the bag and used with no thawing.

This sounds like a lot of work, something you may want to do on a
"nothing to do day", but I use them to coat pork chops and chicken
breasts, filler for meatloaves, or whatever you use breadcrumbs for.
Also, you can use GF seasonings (Durkee: Italian Seasoning said to be GF)
to add some taste to them.

Enjoy!
Cindy from NJ