Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:07:35 EST
From:
James A Doubravsky <[log in to unmask]>

To all DH List members.
     In the last few weeks I have noticed several inquirers about the
symptoms associated with Dermatitis Herpetiformis. With in those inquiry
there has been quite a bit of variation. As helpful as the replies to
those questions might have been to the individual, as a group, I did not
feel that this subject has been covered very well. With that in mind I am
going to attempt a survey covering some basic questions with what ever
additional comments each person might like to make.   It is my hope that
every person on this list with DH will respond to these questions and
then add any additional comments they feel is appropriate.Please send
your responses directly to me and if I get sufficient replies I will post
the results of the survey. I will delete all personal identification and
will quote no one by name or address. If I get a good response it may
take some time to compile so please be patient.

DO NOT ANSWER THIS SURVEY TO THE LIST,  SEND DIRECTLY TO ME.

1.   How long have you been diagnosed with DH?
2.   If not officially diagnosed, how long do you believe you have hadDH?
3.   How long did it take to diagnose DH officially or otherwise?
4.   What were the first symptoms associated with your diagnoses?
5.   Are you on a GF diet?
6.   How long have you been on a GF diet?
7.   How would you rate your diet?   Very strict......  Some what
        strict.........   Casual...........   Off and on..............
8.   How does your diet affect your symptoms?  If it does.  Please
        explain.
9.   Do you get a red rash like symptom?   If so does it itch?
10.  Do you get watery blisters?  If so do they itch?  Do all the blisters
        itch or do some blisters come up with out itching?
11.  Do you have typical CD symptoms?  Please explain.
12.  Do you have any other symptoms?    Please explain.
13.  Can you tell if you have eaten gluten?
14.  How long does it take you to be aware that you have eaten gluten?
15.  Do you have any other symptoms which you contribute to your DH
        condition?  What are those symptoms?
16. Do you feel that any important questions have been omitted?   If so
        what  are they?  Please answer those questions.

      Please answer these questions in the order that they were asked and
add any  additional comments which you would like to make at the end.

DO NOT SEND TO LIST,  send replies  DIRECTLY TO ME.

      I will summarize and compile this information with out
identification.        If any professional would like to make a statement
of any kind I will  include it WITH identification.   It is my hope that
we can all benefit, at least to some extent, from this  survey, and I
thank every one in advance.

Sincerely,
James Doubravsky
Riverside,  CA.    [log in to unmask]