Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 01:14:56 -0800

Hi Everybody,

After being diagnosed in August of 1996 with CD, I think back to some
wierd things that happened to me.

Each time I went into the hospital for an endoscopy or colonoscopy (was
treated originally for colitis), I noticed wherever their was tape placed
on my body (i.e. for the I.V. or pads for monitoring) a slight blistering
or irritated area appeared for at least 2 days. It eventually went away.
I was wondering if this is an allergy to tape or if it has anything to do
with CD. I also can't wear band-aids too long. Anybody every heard of
this?  I know we can't lick stamps or envelops because of wheat starch
but is there wheat starch in adhesive tape?

Trying to figure this out.
Cindy in NJ