From:
Nici Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:22:11 -0700

After the company at 1-800-CRAYOLA, I was directed to their poison control
center.  They did have an ingredients list, and the very helpful rep checked
the ingredients in every color and assured me that none of the ingredients
that I asked him to look for were present.

He did not however, have information on the glue used for the crayon wrapper.
 I then called back to the company, they checked an said that the only
suspect ingredient was the starch because it was made from corn.  Apparantly,
the information that they had on Gluten listed not only wheat, oats, rye,
and barley, but also corn.  I informed her that for Gluten-Intolerance,
corn was not an issue.

Although I had to go the long way around to get this information, everyone
was very helpful if not very knowledgeable.

Nici in Burns,OR