From:
Barbara Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 14:40:21 -0400

Hello all

I agree that the persident has a right to his privacy.  I would not feel
right outright asking him to state his condition.

I have emailed a letter to him at the website www.whitehouse.gov asking him
to help lobby legislation for better food labeling.

I also requsted that he choose a replacement for David Kessler (Director of
the FDA) that was as agressive about food labeling as he was.

We can only hope that from his personal experiences he will be sympethic to
the cause.

My son is 17 months old and was diagnosed with a wheat allergy at 13 months.
 Due to inadequate food labeling or contamination he has gotten very sick at
times.  The reaction is immediate and ranges from difficulty breathin to
vomiting to hives.

I think if enough people start to write to the goverment agencies, newspapers
and legislators an awareness may be risen.

I cannot be as cynical as some of the others who have posted and just give
up.

You will not gain anything if you don't try.

Barbara