From:
Ruth O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 14:18:07 -0400

Recently, I called McCormick Canada to ask if their pure vanilla extract
is gluten-free, or if they had a line of gf spices, and I feel as though I
hit the jackpot.  They told me that their Club House extracts are corn
alchohol-based, so the extract I had was gluten-free, and offered to send
me a flyer with a list of their gluten-free products, including many
spices.  They seemed very aware of celiac disease, and when I got the
information in the mail a few days later, I understood.  Along with the
"Gluten-Free Products" flyer, they sent a small recipe book for using
their potato flour, rice flour, and minute tapioca, which included a
paragraph about celiac disease and gluten.  The back of the recipe book
has the Canadian Celiac Association address, plus this notice:

For more information on McCormick Canada's Gluten-Free Products, contact
the address below, or call McCormick Canada's spices information toll-free
line:

SPICE INFORMATION 1-800-265-2600, 9:30am to 5pm EST, weekdays

 McCormick Canada Inc.
 P.O. Box 5788
 LONDON, CANADA N6A 4Z2

There were a LOT of McCormick and Club House Spices on the GF list.  I'm
new at researching GF products for my mother, who has Celiac, and found
this list and their knowledgable responses very encouraging.

[log in to unmask] (Ruth O'Neill - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)