From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:15:21 -0500

This recipe for pickles was sent to me by Tom Vickery in Tennessee:

I can't tell you where to buy them but if Bread & Butter pickles will do, and
you have a microwave, you can have these super pickles before you get the
car out of the driveway.

2 cucumber, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
1 medium onion, cut up
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 t salt plus 1/2 t celery salt
1/2 t mustard seed
1/2 t dill weed
1/4 t turmeric

combine all in glass microwave bowl(2-quart).Micro 9(nine) minutes, stirring
each 3 minutes.  Put in hot jars, cool, cover, refrigerate. Use within six
weeks. Depending on the power of your microwave you might need a minute or
two extra.

Don't be faint hearted, it doesn't look like it's going to work till near the
end.  These pickles are better than my grandmother used to make.   I got this
recipe from a GIG newsletter, a couple of years ago, I believe.

Susan <[log in to unmask]>
Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada