Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 23:27:00 -0500

<<<Re Deb's post on Tired before eating?

Funny but I get the opposite- for the longest time, after lunch I was in
major need of a siesta- so tired I couldn't stop yawning. When I saw the
Nutritionist about a month or two ago- she suggested I eat a high protein
lunch and no carbohydrates (for lunch)- seems carbs crash you out big time.
Also she mentioned that candy or high sugar items do the same- Lift you high
as a kite and then boom- crashed out big time. I tried to follow it for
awhile and definitely saw a huge difference in energy level but unfortunately
it's much easier to make a sandwhich or rice dish or baked potato for lunch
than something more complex with protein and veggies and such- I swore to
myself though that as soon as I finish this jar of candy corn sitting next to
my computer I am going to go back to following her advice. I was actually
starting to lose a few pounds as well as feel much more energetic.
Don't know if this helps your situation at all but it's something to think
about. Maybe if you have alot of carbs in the morning you are still crashing
out by the next meal and so on...
Best regards,
Leslie-NYC