From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 08:11:57 -0600

I also use Arrowhead Mills cereal but the puffed corn.  I put a caramel
coating on it (like caramel popcorn) bake it, then store it airtight
containers.  This turns out like corn pops as it doesn't get soggy when the
milk is put on it.  I also get Natures Path Honey'd Corn flakes.  I use
these for cereal, pie crusts (crushed), crushed even for hamburger filler.

Anyone interested in the recipe let me know or find your favorite caramel
popcorn recipe and use it.  The recipe I use is good for 2 bags of puffed corn.

Speaking of cornflakes, I remember (years ago) in my high school Home Ec.
classes we made some cookies that had cornflakes, peanut butter, I think
corn syrup or sugar,butter and water cooked on the stove to make a syrup.  I
don't remember if there was any flour in it, but if anyone can remember this
type of recipe please let me know.  My son and I would appreciate a good
cookie.  I've always preferred flourless cookies, ie, macaroons, haystacks, etc.

Regarding haystacks, they are the cookies with oats, coconut, cocoa, sugar,
no flour.  Has anyone tried oats on their diet and to what degree of
success.  I am a celiac who doesn't react and my doctor doesn't want me
trying oats until there is more scientific data.  Seeing how slow research
goes I may never get to try oats.  And I love oatmeal porridge.

Thanx for any info.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada