From:
James A Doubravsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:31:50 EST

Good Morning,    Some one on the list mentioned that FRENCHES had a
product list and gave a no. ( I believe it was 1-800-777-4959 ). I called
that no. which was FLEISCHMANN'S. The lady was very nice and offered to
send me the list which she did. This list was from SPECIALTY BRANDS at
222 Sutter Street.  PO Box 7004  San Francisco, CA 94120-7004  Phone
(415) 981-7600  FAX (415) 989-4462      This list is 13 sheets of
products which is marked yes or no for "gluten free", "MSG", and"
vegetarian".  It contains  products from FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST,   SPICE
ISLANDS,  DROMEDARYS,  and  FRENCH'S SAUCES and GRAVIES.

My question is   HOW RELIABLE IS THIS LIST  ???
  There is a statement sheet with a list of notes with it in which one of
the notes states  { Some of our HVPs, a few starches, some flavor
enhancers, most vinegars and most alcohols are wheat based.}.
   I will write and question this list, but I don't know if I will or
should believe the answerers that I might receive.
   I am new to this, having started my GF diet on 1-5-97, so I am still
feeling my way around. I have ordered the CSA\USA list, but have not yet
received it yet.  I am DH and do not have immediate symptoms to what I
eat. I feel sure that this list has been looked at by many or you and
would appreciate any feedback. I will summarize any worthwhile comments.
       Jim D.    Riverside CA.  USA