From:
Jack Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:06:59 -0600

Hi, Ever send a post and then wish it back for one more edit?  In my post
of yesterday, I stated that I didn't "recommed" 2 products that had been
used by Shashi. That was intended only as a disclaimer; that it was not I,
but Shashi, who endorsed those products. Based on the ingredients list as
posted, the plants in those products are very unlikely to contain gluten.
I am not qualified to speak on the pharmacological properties of those
plants or products. And, of course, this is all my opinion and not that of
my employer.  I've included just a portion of Shashi's post below.
Jack

>>   ...  The ingredients are:
>>   Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Kalmegh
>>   (Andographis paniculata), Purnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Katuki
>>   (Picorrhiza Kurrua), Daru Haridra (Berberis aristata), Milk Thistle
>>   (Silymarin), and Saccharum officinarium.

>>   ... Colon Plus, also by Biotics...
>>  ...  The ingredients are:
>>   Psyllium seed powder, kelgin, calcium ascorbate, flax seed, apple
>>   pectin, mannitol, celery, peppermint leaves, aloe vera powder,
>>   lactobacillus acidophilus, bromelain, anise, and prune powder.

Jack Alexander              [log in to unmask]
Chief Plant Propagator, The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard Univ.