Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:04:31 -0700

I respectfully disagree.  A posting on nutritional supplementation and
our ability to access it IS appropriate on this list.  Since many of us
have problems assimilating nutrients from food BECAUSE of our disease,
we need this access.  Regarding the tryptophan, from what I've read, a
bad batch was made and people died, consequently is was taken off the
market.  Interesting that people died from e.coli in bad meat but all
meat was not taken off the market.  There are some people who, because
of genetic differences, cannot take certain amino acids.  But, did you
know that some people, because of genetic differences, cannot eat wheat!
Bizarre, isn't it?  I don't see what is so terrible and objectionable
about being informed about a bill that is coming up in congress - we are
still in America aren't we?
Maria