Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 02:36:06 -0700
From:
Maureen Marx <[log in to unmask]>

After many trials and errors here is my recipe for a gluten, dairy, soy, egg
and nut-free bread.  This loaf turns out light and fluffy when first cooked,
very nice warm.

Use the fresh milk setting on your machine or what I do is turn my machine on
and during preheat I measure and mix and then five minutes before bread
machine starts mixing I combine my mixtures and put bread pan in machine.  I
have a Black and Decker 1 1/2 pound machine.

3cups and 2 tbsp of GF flour mix (Bette H.'s)
3 tbsp white sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp methylcellulose
1 and 1/4 Fleishman's Bread Machine Yeast
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp gelatin
Mix above dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

1 and 2/3 cup water
4 tsp EnerG egg replacer
2 tbsp safflower oil
1 tsp vinegar

Whisk egg replacer and water together until foamy.  Add oil and vinegar.
Pour liquid mixture into bread pan and then add dry mixture.  Put in bread
machine with only a few minutes remaining before machine starts mixing.  This
loaf seems to work best with a second rising, otherwise the airbubbles are
too big.  Before second rising begins, stir bread batter with rubber spatula
to ensure all air bubbles are removed, should take a minute or two.  My
machine only stirs 20 seconds before second rising, not nearly long enough.

Any comments on whether this worked in other bread machines would be
appreciated.

Maureen