From:
Lianne Whiteside <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 17:01:40 GMT

<Today's question is:  what are some good restaurants for people with CD?
We frequent some of the big fast-food chains, esp.  McDonald's, as their
products are the same all over the country.  We can always ask for burger,
no bun, fries, and vanilla or strawberry shakes (the chocolate has malt in
it).>

Chris,
I don't know what it's like in the US but I know in Canada the milkshakes at
McDonald's have 'modified starch' in them & here that can mean wheat starch.
Also I've heard that the fries are fried in the same oil as the hash browns
which contain flour & I've always assumed that their meat patties contained
fillers (bread crumbs). If I am wrong please, please let me know so I can
have fast food again.
--Lianne