Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:55:08 -0500

>   Help Please! I"m to be taking 1500-1600 units of calicum
>   daily but today I went to Walgreens and find the 500 or 6oo
>   unit tablets I've been taking for three years now have
>   MALTODEXTRIN in them. Leon Rottmann has informed me that there
>   are hidden gluten in these even though I've been told by the
>   manufacturer that the the MALTODEXTRIN is a synthetic!!

MALTODEXTRIN in most products comes from a corn base, and is OK in a GF diet.
You did the right thing in checking with the Manufacturer. Some
Maltodexatrins are made up of grain we can not tolerate. Some folks think
that just because the word starts with Malt that it is no good. Some folks
think that there is gluten hidden in everything. Be wise, but do not be
paranoid. Do you checking, but then make rational choices that are good for
you. Good Luck. Bory