From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 13:18:59 -0700

I asked about what type of mixer people use for their GF Bread.  I got a few
bowl size mixer on sale for CDN $272 at Sears.  The sale was 15% off and no
GST (7%) added.  I have since made two of Bette Hagmans bread recipes, their
butter basted white and the rapid rise french and both have turned out
awesome.  Much better than what I was buying.

Now my questions.  In order for the dough to rise it says cover, well I
tried wax paper plain and wax paper oiled and both times it stuck to the top
of the dough, so I end up lifting of a layer of dough from the top of my
bread.  No big loss but I thought a nice smooth top would look nice.
One suggestion in the book was "you can brush the top (of the bread) with
butter",  has anyone tried this.  I didn't because I figured my pastry brush
would have lots of dough on it.

Anyway, now that I have a reliable mixer that can do the job, I am having a
wonderful time trying out all the recipes that I can.

Thanx again to the list providers, it gave me the chance to poll and find a
GREAT mixer.

P.S.  The cost may seem a lot, but I had a Hamilton-Beach mixer that was
almost 40 yrs old.  It was also a heavy duty mixer like my new one, so if
this one lasts that long it rounds out to $6.80 per year, I can always find
a justification for spending money.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada