From:
Christine Schwebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 21:42:08 -0500

Many people responded to my request for information on routine care (thank
you)... most feeling like they were in the same situation as me:   wanting
more information to give to their doc to make them feel like they were at
the same level of understanding of what needed to be done.  They also were
being made to feel that their requests for various tests were inappropriate.
One said that a bone density test was performed and there was in fact a 16%
bone loss....she said it was a simple test and took only about 10 minutes.

The person who  summarized Dr. Green's  presentation that I referred to
posted back to me suggesting that I just copy that summary for my physician.
 I had already done that though...

I guess I will continue to remember that I am the customer shopping for a
service for which I am paying for....  Somehow, with healthcare, it is easy
to forget that we do have the right to require certain things or else find
another doctor (which was someone else's suggestion).

Good luck to all.

Christine Schwebel
Planning and Information Management
208 Johnston Hall