From:
Jack and Connie O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 16:04:54 -0600

There is power in the number of our people.  Until this list,
my poor wife thought she was the only afflicted person in the
world and some said she was crazy.  You cannot believe how
our lives have changed (for the better) because of this list.  SHE
is the expert and the doctors ask her.  She has tasty food and less
discomfort.  My mail program lets me filter messages.  Furthermore,
I can search on any keyword in the digest.  We don't have to read
all the messages and we don't care.  Those people who are on the
big metered services might consider buying monthly access for unlimited
time online.  We pay $19.95 per month for unlimited everything.  $240 per
year is peanuts to pay for my wife's comfort.  I say "peanuts" compared to
the thousands we spent on misinformation and misdiagnosis.  We love
this list.  We don't want to see it changed.  Furthermore, we applaud the
people who led the way to this list and who maintain it.  Thank you from
the bottom of our hearts.  :-)

Jack and Connie O'Brien