From:
Glenda Keyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 00:08:02 -0400

I have lived with biopsy-diagnosed CD since 1970 and always have been at low
end of weight range due to GF diet. However, just recently I have added 12+
pounds in about 3 months with no change in diet that is obvious and also
noted slower movement of food through digestion system.

A year ago Upper GI and Small Bowel Follow LThrough showed all okay but
rapid motility through small bowel of 30 min.  Tests were done to determine
constant discomfort lower left side; tests found mass on right side,
negative CA125, negative CT scan of pelvis and abdomen; ultrasound found
vascular area with Doppler studies reveal a pulsatile flow, and there is
rather significant amount of bowel adhesed in adjacent areas to this
area..may be venous in its origin...do not appear to be associated with the
ovaries. BTW, thyroid test: T-3 uptake is 29; T-4 total is 7.5; Free T4
index is 2.2. All other info was within range except 'absolute eosinophils'
at 996H.

Dismissed from Onconologist and  Gastroenterologist who neither could
determine origin of LEFT side discomfort!

During most of last year I lost weight; a year later and I am at the point
of being uncomfortable--abdomen really distended.  I do take hormones,
Estrace 2 mg, and have for 2 years. Had partial hysterectomy 1981.

QUESTION>>>>Is this hormonal? Could the problem of suspected mass be
related?  Why unexplained and rather fast accumulation of weight gain?  Diet
related?  Whose body did I suddenly inherit?  ANY help is welcome.  I have
handles CD for years, but this one is so different from the usual stuff that
I'm stuck and need your help.

***Southern Word of the Week***
        'PA'-noun.  A baked pastry dish.
        Usage: "This pecan pa is the best ah ever et."

glenda keyes
columbia, sc