Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 13:58:05 +0200

Donald Hildebrand wrote:

>I've been following this list for several months after discovering it while
>searching the web for possible causes of a chronic sinus infection.

I too have found sinus infections part of the presentation of celiac disease and
one of the reasons I went gluten free after 5 years of being wheat free.  I was
still getting sinus infections every few months after being wheat free. But I
haven't had one sinus infection since except after being gluten free only a few
weeks when I moved to Germany with my family for sabbitical.  Its been 10 months
now.  So for me things definitely have improved.  Let's hope it also goes well
in Boston, where I return on Tues the 25th of June.

For my father, my brother and me, sinus problems have been part of the
presentation of this disease.  I remember one other posting - from someone in
the Netherlands - who reported sinus problems associated with celiac.  I also
have constipation more often that diahreea (sp) with accidental gluten
ingestion.  My father (who never knew he had this disease) lived on prunes and
used so many bottles of Neo-synephrine.

I hope that someone will some day do some genetic research on the cause of this
disease and I would bet that those with the same constellation of symptoms will
have the same genetic problem.  Speed the day!

                         Martha Teeter (currently [log in to unmask]
                                         and soon to be [log in to unmask])