Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 09:23:04 -0700
From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>

This is the bread recipe I use:

Wet Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup gf yogurt or gf cottage cheese (blended in food processor)
1 1/4 cups warm water with 1 Tablepoon yeast and 2 tablespoons of sugar or honey

Dry Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups rice flour
1 1/2 cups bean flour-pea/garbanzo/soy or combination of all
1/2 cup potato flakes or potato flour
1 tablespoon xanthan or guar gum
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon egg replacer (optional)
1 teaspoon gelatin powder

Once the yeast has bubbled up, mix together the wet ingredients in electric
mixer. Sift and add the dry ingredients. Mix for about 5-10 minutes until
everything resembles cake batter. If mixture is too thick, add more water or
milk. If too thick, add more flour. It should be thin enough to rise easily
until doubled in 2 greased teflon-type bread pans.
Bake at 400 for 40 minutes.

If something goes wrong, I cut the loaves into croutons or use the crumbs
for other recipes.
I experiment with 2 1/4 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons of yeast.
Sometimes I leave out the potato flour and add 1/2 cup dry milk powder.
Or leave out the yogurt/cottage cheese and use dry milk.

All the best,

Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada