From:
charlie white <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 19:12:26 -0400

Hi all,

There has been some discussion on food allergies lately and I just though Id
post my experience to the whole list.

I have been on the diet for 3 yrs.  At first I thought all I had to do was
eliminate gluten.  Well, I found I was getting frequent setbacks(fatigue,
allergies, rashes etc.  This allerted me that maybe there was other foods I
had to give up and sure enough there were.   I stopped drinking tea, stopped
eating dairy, citrus.  What it boils down to is that I eat only natural
foods like fruit, veg. meat, potatoes, rice, pasta.  I do not eat any
prepared foods, cook everything from scratch.  It took me about 2 1/2 yrs.
to figure out exactly what I could and could not eat.  Since that time I
have been much, much better with a setback here and there but well most of
the time. For me the secret has been to stay away from anything prepared,
only natural foods and I have learned to do this fairly efficiently.  For
instance I will make a big batch of veg. fried rice with meat(chicken, pork
or beef).  That has your veg. meat and starch combined along with a salad
its great.

This has been my experience and I only offer it to be of what help I can to
anyone else.  Lord knows, this diet is very difficult at first but fear not,
once you have mastered it you will eat very well and best of all healthier
than most people!!

My best to all you wonderful people on this list who have helped me so much.

Janet in Maine