From:
Carol Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 12:05:21 -0400

Hey Listmates,

I want you all to know I don't take my diet lightly that is why when I heard
Butterfingers were gluten free I had to find out for myself. I had been told
via a newsletter from CDF(don't recall the exact one) that they were not GF;
but this morning I called Nestle (1-800-258-6728) I talked to a nice lady
named Louise.(sp?)She said they were GF but  we went over the confectioners
corn flakes, anyway; and it appears that they are made of degerminated corn
grits and that is all. (Why can't they label it as such?). That was my only
questionable ingredient so I guess I can now indulge in my favorite candy. I
would recomend that if you are going to eat these that you call them
frequently to make sure they don't add something to them there grits.
Louise did tell me that their bars with crisped rice are not GF. They are
going to send me a letter telling me all of their gluten containing products,
I let you know later.

I just want say thanks to all the people out there who make this list
possible.

Sincerly,
Carol Flynn