Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 09:58:21 EDT
From:

There was something a couple of days ago on this list that caused me
some concern -- that eating a particular grain can cause an allergy?
Is this true??

Since my 3 year old who was just diagnosed this past February
with Celiac Disease, he has been eating rice every day --
most times more than once.  He usually eats Gerber Rice Cereal in the
morning, and then rice either for snack in daycare (since he can't
eat most of the things that they provide) and rice with his dinner.
By doing this, am I setting him up with an allergy that would prevent
him from being able to eat one of the only grains that he can eat?
He will eat french fries and corn pasta, so do I need to create
more of a rotation?  Thanks for any input.

P.S. While I am writing this post, can someone explain to me the leaky
gut issue or point me to where I can read something about it?  Thanks.

Michele