From:
Danna Korn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:06:32 UT

Hi.  My 6-year-old son was diagnosed w/CD at 18 months.  Since he's been GF
for years, and since he's never been able to articulate the symptoms, I'd
like to hear from some of you who can tell me:
(1)  What does it feel like when you get a little bit of gluten?
(2)  What does it feel like if you get a lot?
(3)  Are the symptoms immediate?
(4)  Does gluten (in small/large amounts) make you irritable/sullen?  (He
tends to sulk; I wonder if it's because he's gotten gluten.)

If there are any parents of 10-15-year-olds, I'd like to know the emotional
impact  that they're experiencing.  Do they feel "different?"  Isolated?
Depressed?  I realize it's all very individual, and a lot has to do with how
we raise him, but I'm curious!

Please send responses directly to me at [log in to unmask] so the entire list
doesn't have to pour through them!  Thank you!
Danna Korn
Raising Our Celiac Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Encinitas, CA