From:
Jim Barron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:08:51 -0500

RE: << After having seen the list members advised, by a previous poster, to
drink paint thinner on a daily basis, it is no wonder I just collect
messages from the list for our support group. I give few of the postings
any personal credence.>>

 I do not recall reading the post you refer to here and would appreciate a
copy of it if you could e-mail me one.    I would guess that you may be
referring to linseed oil  which can be used to thin paints BUT is just
another name for FLAXSEED OIL.    This is NOT a CHEMICAL paint thinner - it
is an extremely nutritious vegetable oil with a very good balance of
essential fatty acids.   Of course if one consumes it one should purchase
it as "Flaxseed oil"  intended for human consumption ("linseed oil"
intended as paint thinner may be cheaper but will not have been handled in
the way necessary to preserve the food value and may have toxic or
undesirable contaminants.

Be careful not to react to things labeled by their use.   Different things
used for the same purpose may have vastly different qualities.

Jim Barron
Chapel Hill NC

PS    Flaxseed oil (linseed oil) also makes a high quality furniture
polish.   That does not detract in any way from the fact that it is highly
nutritious and supplies an essential nutrient that is generally VERY
lacking in our society  (the main reason that americans hair is generally
so dull (unless artificially highlighted) and oriental's hair tend to be
shiny).