From:
Shawn Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 02:53:02 -0500

Does anyone have any experience with or information about adult onset
diabetes and CD?  My brother has CD, and he ignored it for several years.
He was diagnosed as a diabetic at age 25.  Since then (it's been about two
years) he has been almost completely GF.

Adult onset diabetes (and we suspect CD as well) is prevalent in my mother's
side of the family.  We were wondering if there is any known connection
between the two, and especially if there have been any instances where the
diabetes has improved or abated after strict adherence to a GF diet.

Another aspect is the possibility of a misdiagnosis-- if my brother was
reacting to gluten, might his diabetes test results have been affected?

Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Shawn Anderson
 Juneau, Alaska